When it comes to storage for long loads it often comes down to only two options: floor stacking or cantilever racking. With floor stacking capital investment is lower but efficiency and actual storage capacity is also very low.
Cantilever racking requires considerable investment in capital and planning but can dramatically improve warehouse productivity and handling times while increasing storage capacity dramatically.
What are the advantages of cantilever racking?
- Relativity easy to install and reconfigure.
- Is able to store any type of load from pallets to timber.
- Ideal for long loads, reducing handling times and improving productivity as stock is more accessible.
- Additional arms can be added allowing for storage of all shapes and sizes.
- Can store products vertically up to 6 metres high.
What are the disadvantages of cantilever racking?
- Cost of capital investment to install and design the racking
- Need an aisle space in between every rack
- Inefficient when storing pallets